Google

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Park glad to contribute


Ji-sung Park may not be the biggest player in United's squad, but he capped an impressive display against Charlton with his first headed goal for the Reds.

Park rose above Addicks defender Ben Thatcher to head in from Patrice Evra's cross.

The Korean midfielder's goal, his fourth in two years for the Reds, put United in front and on the way to a 2-0 victory at Old Trafford.

"I just tried not to miss the chance when Charlton's defenders were struggling to clear the ball. Fortunately for me it went in," Park told Yonhap news agency.

The 25-year-old is not renowned for his height nor his aerial presence, but now he is back fit after injury problems earlier in the season, Park wants to improve in all aspects of his game.

"Although I am 100 percent in shape," he said, "I always try to find something to improve in every match. I have to try to be perfect."

No comments: